Every year Apple, Samsung and other mobile phone companies release their flagship mobile phones in the hope that their small changes are tempting enough for you to part with your hard earned money, but these phones aren’t cheap, at the time of writing, the Apple iphone 6s, with 16gb of storage cost £539.00 and the Plus model costing you £619.00. Samsung’s flagship with 32gb is a little more expensive and will cost you £569.00 with the Samung Edge costing £639.00, though come with expandable storage.
So if are one of those that have to have the latest mobile, here are my tips to get it that little bit cheaper.
- Recycle your old mobile – There are a many sites offering you money to recycle your old phone depending on its condition therefore I would recommend that you by use sellmymobile.com and comparemymobile.com to see where you can get the best price
- Wait – early adopters not only pay a higher price for new phones they are often the first to experience problems with the technology until the manufacture finds a fix.
- Move to a contract with a free gift and sell it
- Buy it on cashback websites such as TopCashback or Quidco
- Buy it refurbished, important that you consider its grading here. A is the best, moving from B to C depending on its condition, also pay close attention to the warranty that is being offered with the phone in the event that it goes wrong.
- Let someone else do the leg work and visit HandsetExpert, this website will inform you whether you would benefit from buying the phone outright or opting for a pay monthly deal depending on your search criteria